COVID-19 Update Wednesday 1st July
The NSW Office of Sport has advised that golf is considered an activity that can continue to be played in line with “Public Health Orders relating to public gathering limits, social distancing, and the elderly.” They have also advised that “people are allowed to leave their homes for the purpose of exercise”.
Whilst the limit to the number of people exercising outdoors has increased to 10, there has been no change to social distancing requirements.
A range of measures have been implemented at the facility to ensure we meet government requirements for social distancing. We are committed to looking after you and our teams safety while you use our facility during these uncertain times, therefore can all visitors please ensure that they read and familiarise themselves with the following procedures.
Golf Competitions & Social Play will continue under the following ‘STRICT’ guidelines:
- At all times Golfers MUST maintain a distance of 1.5 metres, as per Government guidelines. This applies to the golf course, driving range, short game area and pro shop area.
- Golfers are encouraged to stay in their cars until 15 minutes prior to their tee time and leave immediately after their round – STRICTLY NO CONGREGATING before or after your round.
- DO NOT move to the next tee box until the 4 ball in front has left.
- All visitors to the facility are required to register their name and phone number for COVID 19 Contact Tracing.
- Maximum of four golfers/customers in the pro shop.
- Markers have been put in place to direct golfers where to stand in order to manage social distancing.
- Credit Cards or Debit Cards only (preferably PayWave).
- During this time we will only accept phone bookings for social play. No walk-ins.
- Social time sheets will only be released 7 days in advance.
- Any existing bookings that have been made in advance will be contacted by the Pro Shop.
Social Club Bookings
- Social clubs will be contacted regarding existing bookings by the Pro Shop.
- Two people per Golf Cart is allowed from 1 July 2020
- All carts will continue to be sanitised before and after usage.
- Bunkers will remain in play
- There are no rakes on the course
- 30cm preferred lie in bunkers.
- Flag Sticks must remain in the hole at all times. Cups have been raised to avoid unnecessary contact when retrieving ball.
- Sand Buckets have been removed.
- Golfers to mark their own scorecard.
(Please note that from Monday 6th April the driving range will close at 8pm, 7 days a week)
- No more than 1 person per bay on the driving range.
- Only people using the range can enter the facility(no spectators).
- Use ticket code receipt as a barrier to pick up bucket and when using ball machine keypad.
- No congregating on range.
- Golfers must leave the driving range once you have finished hitting your bucket of balls
We are taking extra precautions and measures to keep The Ridge Golf facility safe for all golfers and we ask that you help us in doing this by following the above protocols. Any golfers not adhering to social distancing requirements and rules will be asked to leave the facility and suspensions may apply. In addition, failure to follow these requirements could lead to possible fines and result in us being closed down.
We are all working hard to provide a safe environment for you to keep playing golf. Please respect the Pro Shop staff and their requests regarding these regulations, thanks again for your support and understanding during these difficult times.
The Ridge Team